Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Living like Monks

In my last post I mentioned that John and I were leaving Miles to do some soul searching at a Buddhist Monastery up inthe mountains of northern Thailand. We had high hopes a beautiful temple tended by stoic Monks. Rather it ended up being more of a Buddhist spa in a beautiful valley and it was awesome! The Monks were pretty mean though and made us go through there daily routine: 5 hours meditation, and hour of chore work with only two meals a day (I was fine though cuz I still had reserves of cliff bars). John had a great time, he could sit all day long thinking of metal rifts in his head. We only stayed four day though which I'm totally ok with, my back is killing me.

So, we are off again. Chad says Santa does come to Thailand so we are rushing back to Chad's bachelor pad.

Some pics
John and I scoping that tower to climb onThe grounds. Elite buddhist monks also practice clear cutting
This sunset was OK

They tried to make it all Indiana Jones like... pretty sweet but no rides
Juan's life
Our idols
Where I swam
Still sleeping on the hardwood floor, you should see my back man... rock hard. Girlz are gonna dig it!
Leaving. I know I know, we broke down and bought some new shoes. Give us a break our feet hurt




No comments:

Post a Comment